LED lighting is light years ahead
Historically, light emitting diodes (LEDs) were too weak for commercial and residential applications. However, the technology has progressed in such a way that it’s now a suitable replacement for fluorescent and incandescent bulbs.
This next generation of LEDs is versatile and durable, and emits light in all visible frequencies to produce white light with superb brightness.
Why is LED lighting preferable to traditional lighting?
- Broad spectrum: LEDs emit light of any colour without colour filters. This is more efficient and results in lower overall costs.
- Cool lighting: LEDs radiate very little heat and are sensitive to fabrics.
- Dimming: LEDs can be dimmed very easily.
- Efficiency: LEDs produce more light per watt than incandescent bulbs.
- Focus: LED lights can be designed to focus light. Incandescent and fluorescent lights require reflectors and shades to point the light in a certain direction.
- Long life: LEDs have a relatively long life with up to 100,000 hours of useful hours of light compared to 15,000 hours for fluorescent tubes and 2,000 hours for traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Non-toxic: LED lights do not contain heavy metals or gases, while fluorescent bulbs do.
- On/off resistant: LEDs do not burn out with frequent on-off cycling and light up very quickly each time.
- Shock resistance: LEDs are solid, so they are difficult to damage with external shock unlike traditional bulbs, which are fragile.
- Size: LED lights can be made very small in size, making them more versatile than incandescent or fluorescent lights.
- Slow failure: LED lights dim over time compared to the burn-out of incandescent bulbs.
Quality tested, approved by Australian Standards and by NATA, and independently tested by Light Lab International with outstanding results (test results available upon request), our LED Lights have a life expectancy of up to 100,000 hours or 10 years and are ideal for use in car parks, stairwells, tunnels, high-rise offices, factories, supermarkets, buses, trains, task lighting, store displays, warehouse illumination and under cabinets.
LED Lighting Australian energy efficient LED Lights will reduce your lighting power bill by at least 55% and up to 88% in most installations. Available in a variety of colour temperatures including warm white, cool white and daylight, our LED Lights are robust in design, require much less maintenance (ongoing and replacement) than traditional lighting, are flicker/fade resistant and dimmable.
Change your existing lighting to LED and see the benefits – get in touch.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Drop us a line